cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Adding Signoffs in a Workflow

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Adding Signoffs in a Workflow

I have an existing worklflow that we need to modify to add signature signoffs at the end before the workflow is completed. I haven't modified a workflow since Windchill 7 and this workflow was created in WC8/9 and has been upgraded from there to 9.1 and is now at 10.0 m040.

What sort of robot do I need to add to get the emails send to the people who have to signoff on the change request workflow? There may be 3 or 4 signatures needed, they can sign concurrently, but they all must sign before the workflow completes.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated in this.

1 REPLY 1
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

You would add Assigned Activity Nodes to the Workflow and check the Send Notification checkbox. Ideally, the Users that need to sign off can be populated from a Context Team Role (you'll need to add that Role to the pbo (primary business object) Team, and you would use that Role as resource pool for the Assignment. Also set to "All" Required (any will complete when any one assignee completes).

You may need to enable Digital Signatures. I advocate for a "your login is your signature" approach so do not have Digital Signatures enabled. If you do have Digital Signatures enabled, there is an option to set that as a requirement for the WF Assigned Activity as well.

If the sign-off users are variable, you can make an upstream assigned activity a Set Up Participants task type (allowing an upstream participant to set downstream signers). You can also use a Group as a resource pool for an assigned activity.

Top Tags