cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Adding a new Role to WC8 Workflows...

bobg
1-Newbie

Adding a new Role to WC8 Workflows...

Hi all,

I know how to create a new role in WC8 but how do I make that role available to Workflows?

Ta,

B
4 REPLIES 4
jtjohnson
5-Regular Member
(To:bobg)

The role needs to be added to the Resource Bundle under wt/project and
then the jar files need to be rebuilt for it to show up I the applets
(workflow admin).

Jeff

bobg
1-Newbie

Thanks Jeff,

I was afraid you were going to say something like that, unfortunately I have no clue how to do it.

Bob
sscole1
1-Newbie

Jeff had a similar posting here for Lifecycles a few days ago.

You use the same enumCustomize tool to change the wt/project/role.class file. The tool is easy to use - you can add additional roles and disable (make "unselectable") default roles from the pull-downs. Be sure to back up all language versions of the role.rb files before using the tool. After you build the resource bundle (rb) file with the tool, change the Windchill shell directory to the codebase, then run the "ant -f makejar.xml" command to recompile the jar files. You should stop the MethodServer and Tomcat and clear the Tomcat servlet cache by deleting the <tomcat>/work/standalone/localhost/<web.app> directory. Restart Tomcat and the MethodServer.

bobg
1-Newbie

I managed to get the role inserted into WC, although it proved to be somewhat problematic. It turned out that in order for the role to be visible to Organisations and Teams, the Server Locale had to be changed to from en_GB en_us.

Thanks to all for the support.

Bob.
Top Tags