cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Adding user to organization

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

Adding user to organization

Hi, trying to add a user to an organization. When I go to edit a user's profile, the "find" next to organization is greyed out. I have put then in an organization group but doesn't seem to work. Asking this because I am trying to create a product, but you need to be in an organization to be a creator. REST 2.5 and Windchill 12.1.2.0

5 REPLIES 5

Are you users coming from Active Directory? If so, do you have more than one InfoEngine connector to AD?

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:jbailey)

Yes users are coming from AD. I'm not sure exactly what InfoEngine does besides knowing that the Administration menu exists in the utilities. In the administration menu I have:
Services: windchill01.namingService, windchill01.rpc, and windchill01.servlet

Adapters: .Ldap, and windchill01.Windchill

Property Sets: (Nothing)

How would I know if I have more than one InfoEngine connected to AD? I really appreciate your response, and I think this might actually be the resolution to my problem. Thanks! 

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:VH_10947268)

I was messing with my InfoEngine 'Adapters' in the .Ldap because I saw this post: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Users-are-not-added-to-organization/td-p/826921 but I didn't have the 'windchill.mapping,usersOrganizationName' so I tried adding it manually. Not sure if this does anything

I have had issues before manually assigning orgs to users from AD. We use that org setting, and it sets to the org (matches to Org Name)

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:jbailey)

Like you use 'windchill.mapping,usersOrganizationName' and set it to your org name? Right now I have it added and it is set to the org name but no one has that organization set to their profile. Does the user have to be a certain role or something to get that org? Or I also saw that the person in that post had reset their server and cleared cache so maybe that is something I need to do?

Top Tags