cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Ajax Request and Component Builder

ptc-5247429
4-Participant

Ajax Request and Component Builder

I followed the split pane example to have multiple JSPs displayed on one site. It works pretty well with JSPs that are located in /netmarkets/jsp but unfortunately the AJAX part doesn't work with views that I created for a Component-Builder.

The problem seems to be the URI to the view as it contains a "#". Thus the URI is cut off when being sent to the backend via AJAX.

Here is a code snippet which is pretty close to the split pane example. As can be seen the URI contains a "#". Is there any way to send the whole URI via Ajax?

if (contentPanel !== undefined) {

contentPanel.clearCardContents();

var options = {
		asynchronous : false,
		method : 'get'
	};
	var transport = requestHandler.doRequest("http://www.serverxyz.com/Windchill/app/#ptc1/comp/com.example.Test.jsp", options);
	var panel = new PTC.Panel({
		id : 'test',
		renderTo : renderToDiv,
		html : transport.responseText
	});
}

1 REPLY 1

After reading the Customization Guide again I came to the conclusion that it won't even help me if the URI is not cut off after the '#'. The problem simply lies in the way URIs are handled in Windchill.

The part after the # is already being used by AJAX calls and they also don't work independently. That's why I don't see a way to make this work like that.

Top Tags