cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Node-Locked Creo4 with multiple Windchill cache

spapik
4-Participant

Node-Locked Creo4 with multiple Windchill cache

Dear Experts,

I would like to set our Creo4/WCH 11.0 system with multiple cache. I searched the earlier topics in this theme but there aren't clear exatly.

In the psf file have to define the next if i understood well :

ENV=PTC_WF_CACHE=D:\loca1\SPAPIK\C4_M70\
ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=D:\loca1\SPAPIK\C4_M70\
ENV=PTC_WLD_ROOT=D:\loca1\SPAPIK\C4_M70\
ENV=CREO_AGENT_HOME=D:\loca1\SPAPIK\C4_M70\

SPAPIK is an user.

I didn't find anything else in previous descriptions .

Do i have to set anything else ? ( environmental variables )

We have an local active Creo2 and WCH10.2 system with multiple cache. It's work and we like it, but we have to move to a central system ( Creo4;WCH11.0). There are other server adress, other install configuration, etc.

We bought node-locked licenses and we can open more Creo4 sessions, but we cannot use more WS with the different sessions in the absence of the correct settings.

I need a little help that what did i set wrong.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:spapik)

If you are running Creo from a shared central location then you need to set these two variables as well:

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=H:\Creo 4.0\M080\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=H:\Creo 4.0\M080\Platform\4\manifests

See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS255889 for more info.

spapik
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Hi,

The Creo4 is installed in the local PCs in same localisations but the WCH is on the central server.

THe problem is that just we use ( our location ) node-locked lisenses.

I will try your suggest tomorrow

Thanks a lot for your help

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

If you have network servers for Windchill, use part of a disk for a common Creo install. Much easier to mainatain a single copy than XX workstations.

I worked at 1 company where we had 250+ workstations loaded with Wildfire locally. What a PITA to go in and update each one for a new build. It took weeks! Another company had 50+ seats in various departments. An upgrade had to be thought out and sequenced so someone did not try to load a file that had been saved in a newer version. So much easier to do single update and tell the user base "Here is the new shortcut to use". This also allows some user testing before going live.

spapik
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Yes, i understand.

Our install package came from a IT-Software center and the configuration installing automatically in the background.

We have no chance change anything during the install process, but we can change the psf files, the config.pro in the work folder after the install.

So the install root folder is same, we have a other drive for the WS area and we can run more Creo4 session on our PC because we have node-locked lisense.

Our older system with Creo2 was installed by our PTC-distributor ( unfortunatelly we broked the contact with this company). With this system we can use multiple Creo session with different cache areas. It works but i couldn't replace the settings for the new Creo4 central system.

I can reinstall the old system again and again on the PCs, because the distributor made batch files for the install.

My original question is that what I need and where to set it after the Creo4 installation.

Thanks

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I put all of my customizations in my own batch file that is called from parametric.bat before the parametric.exe and parametric.psf are read. This way PTC does not overwrite what I want!

You should also use environment variables instead of a username if it is a network common file.

%username% would replace sparks.

Top Tags