cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Altium into Windchill

PK_10388082
1-Newbie

Altium into Windchill

Version: Windchill 13.0

Use Case: Altium Pro or Altium Enterprise

Description:

We are looking into integrating Altium with Widnchill.

We currently have Altium Pro, but would like it to integrate into Widnchill.

We have been offered 2 options

A) Altium Pro via XPLM into windchill
B) Altium Enterprise direct into Windchill.

Has anyone got experience and can recommend the best way?

2 REPLIES 2

We are running Altium Enterprise here and using the Publish to PLM option to push updated content to Windchill. The EE team was more excited about all the tools and features in AES (Nexus) compared to XPLM. However, we are still a Windchill first site because we have been using Windchill and Altium with the old Windchill Workgroup Manager for a long time. We still originate new parts and suppliers in Windchill and sync them to AES. We also manage our Altium Designer library in Windchill and sync to Altium. All 

Coming from WGM, the XPLM solution is an amazing replacement and allows you to connect Altium Designer directly to Windchill w/o implementing a second PLM solution for ECAD. The team at XPLM is awesome and very easy to work with. 

From an administrative perspective, I really wanted to go with XPLM because the implementation would have been simple. From an end user perspective, the EE team really wanted to live and work out of a 100% Altium solution.

The cost difference was not a factor because the EE team chose AES and paid for the solution from their budget. If we had a chance to reconsider, XPLM would still be my choice to avoid the cost, maintenance and training required for everyone to use AES. 

They are both great solutions, the decision is if you need or want a second PLM solution and want to take advantage of all the built-in capabilities AES offers. We are not publishing ECAD in Windchill, so the AES solution with built-in viewing was very exciting for our manufacturing team.

DM me if you want to schedule a call to discuss

Hi @PK_10388082,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags