cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Another vault question

rstav
1-Newbie

Another vault question

Windchill Admins,

I have another question relating to vaults. If I have a an object in Windchill and it has several iterations and revisions. Would each of those iterations and revisions have a unique file in the Vault? So if the iteration history show 8 then there would be 8 corresponding files in the Vault?

Thanks
Rich

Richard Stavish
Pro/E System Administrator

[cid:image001.jpg@01CFE479.968C0C10] [cid:image003.jpg@01CFE479.968C0C10] <">http://www.linkedin.com/company/sargent-aerospace-&-defense> [cid:image004.jpg@01CFE479.968C0C10] <">https://twitter.com/SargentAero>

E-Mail:
Office: Mobile:
Fax:

RStavish@sargentaerospace.com
520-744-1000 x4570
520-437-5811
520-744-7529
3 REPLIES 3
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:rstav)

Yes.

And this is where they are located, if you can run a query against the database:

select
mas.cadname cadname,
doc.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO || NVL2(doc.oneOffVersionIdA2oneOffVersi ,'-' || doc.oneOffVersionIdA2oneOffVersi,'') || '.' || doc.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO ver,
ad.modifystampa2 modified,
ad.role role,
M.path,
to_char(fi.uniquesequencenumber,'0000000000000x') vault_filename,
ad.filename,
m.status,
ad.filesize filesize_bytes
from
holdertocontent hc,
applicationdata ad,
fvitem fi,
EPMDocument doc,
EPMDocumentmaster mas,
FVMOUNT M
where
hc.ida3b5 = ad.ida2a2
and ad.ida3a5 = fi.ida2a2
and hc.ida3a5=doc.ida2a2
AND Fi.ida3a4= m.ida3a5
--and ad.role='PRIMARY'
and doc.ida3masterreference=mas.ida2a2
and mas.cadname like 'lowercasefilename.prt'
order by
mas.cadname,
ver,
role

ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:rstav)

No. If just database stored content was updated a new iteration can potentially point to a previous iteration or revision of content. A new file has to be transmitted to the server. This doesn't imply at a binary level of 1's and 0's that the two files are identical but to you they may look identical. A good example is updating properties inside a CAD file, but not altering the model.

Guys,

I think the easiest way to look at this is too ask did I upload a file during the creation of my new iteration. If no, than the new iteration points to the same file as the previous iteration. Simple as that.

David Graham
Windchill Developer

Please note: message attached
Top Tags