cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Anyone installed WC 10.2 M030 without an Oracle Home User password (Oracle 12+)?

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Anyone installed WC 10.2 M030 without an Oracle Home User password (Oracle 12+)?

I installed Oracle 12 using the Windows built-in account which doesn't require entering a password.  When using the PSI to install 10.2 M030, the installation is always asking for the Oracle Home User password.  Since I used the Windows built in account for the Oracle install, I don't have a password to enter, and I cannot get past the dialog that's asking for the password.

The error message is:
----
Validation Failed
The following fields failed validation:
Failed to validate the Oracle Home User Password with the username found in the registry.
Oracle Home Windows User Password (Required for Oracle 12c only):
----

From the Oracle documentation, it doesn't look like it's possible to switch Oracle Home User after the installation.

Info on Oracle Home User
https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/NTQRF/oh_usr.htm#NTQRF672

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/tech-info/oraclehomeuser-windowsdb-12c-1970558.pdf

We have no desire to manage yet another user account for multiple WC installations.

Regards,

Dan N.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:BineshKumar1)

This issue was resolved by PTC Tech Support.  The cause of the error message was not related to the Oracle Home User PW.

The value of Oracle home listed in the "inventory.xml" file needed to match the ORACLE_HOME system variable exactly which includes the case!  I had c:\ptc\... in one, and c:\PTC\... in the other which caused the PSI to fail the Oracle Home User PW validation.  Once the values matched, I was able to get PSI past the Oracle Home User PW validation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure you can get PSI skip this validation, but installation team at PTC will have some option - probably an environment variable or a registry entry to make PSI skip this validation. But again if OCU uses this, db creation might fail. The best way to find this out will be through a support ticket with the support.

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiler

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:BineshKumar1)

This issue was resolved by PTC Tech Support.  The cause of the error message was not related to the Oracle Home User PW.

The value of Oracle home listed in the "inventory.xml" file needed to match the ORACLE_HOME system variable exactly which includes the case!  I had c:\ptc\... in one, and c:\PTC\... in the other which caused the PSI to fail the Oracle Home User PW validation.  Once the values matched, I was able to get PSI past the Oracle Home User PW validation.

Top Tags