cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Apply constraints on WTPartUsageLink attributes !

SDTE
1-Newbie

Apply constraints on WTPartUsageLink attributes !

Hi All,

I am trying to apply a value required constraint on the "Find Number" attribute for the WTpartUsageLink.

Since, this seems to be a modeled attribute, I don't see an screen in the "Type and Attribute Manager" to apply constraints on this.

In fact, I don't even see this attribute when I checked the "PartUsage" link details.

Next I tried to check for the OOTB OIR's from the Site and Org Admin but didn't see anything for link objects (Usage, Describe, Reference etc)

Is there a way an OIR can be written for the WTPartUsageLink which can put the constraint of ValueRequired for "Find Number" attribute?

Regards,

Sameer

2 REPLIES 2
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:SDTE)

Hi Sameer,

in which release of PDMLink ? cause in 10 M030, you've got the "find number" in the Type Manager for the WTPartUsageLink . And it seems that you can add some constraints, even if it is a modeled attribute ...

I've an issue about the wtpartusagelink (c10647232), when built from Creo workgroupmanager, contraints (default values for an IBA) are not set ...

regards

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your response.

I am working with PDMLink 9.1 M060 and I got a confirmation from Tech Support Engineer that it's not possible in Type and Attribute Manager or through OIR to make it mandatory.

Nice to hear though that in 10 it seems possible.

But, yes we also were discussing the same thing about how it affects auto-association.

Once it's made mandatory, user would have to edit the EBOM structure prior to checkin to set these values else would affect check in.

But again, it might not affect if it doesn't come in a view as what happens with data objects OIR for default value since they are only suggestive but not set if not in a view.

Regards,

Sameer

Top Tags