cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Apply latest life cycle template iteration

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Apply latest life cycle template iteration

Just curious if anyone has had success running the “LCReassignUtility” from the command line.

When I run it, it returns 0 affected objects for wt.epm.EPMDocument and only 11 for com.tm.DefaultEPMDocument (CAD Docs). I should be getting around half a million.

I've double checked my OID's and my life cycle name. Any ideas?

This is on 10.2 M020.

Thanks.

Tom U.
3 REPLIES 3
DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

I tried to use it once with nearly identical results as you're seeing. (WC10.1 M020)

While the Tech Support ticket was open and waiting for their response I manually started changing the files myself. That was completed before they got back to me with a response that wasn't the automated "you have opened case ########" form letter.

I know that's not really practical for super big databases. Ours is small enough that I managed to do it over the course of a couple days.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

On 09/19/14 23:04, Uminn, Tom wrote:
> Just curious if anyone has had success running the “LCReassignUtility” from the command line.
>
> When I run it, it returns 0 affected objects for wt.epm.EPMDocument and only 11 for com.tm.DefaultEPMDocument (CAD Docs). I should be getting around half a million.
>
> I've double checked my OID's and my life cycle name. Any ideas?

I have used this however this utility will only change the latest iteration of each revision. It
will not change earlier iterations.

>
> This is on 10.2 M020.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom U. ********** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ********** The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This email is intended to be reviewed and used only by the individual or organization named above for the explicit purpose of conducting business with Trans-matic Mfg. Co. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified the any review, dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited, and no privilege or protection has been waived. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this email from your system.
>
> -----End Original Message-----
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realized this was posted a while back but,

I had the same issue - 0 results until I added the Optional attribute :includeSubType=true

This tool care of my problem and when I ran it again instead of 0 wtPart object it updated 95 000 object

Hope this helps

Top Tags