cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Attribute Layout

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Attribute Layout

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a custom attribute layout creation.

Step: 1 I create a new layout, named "Test" like image 1.

Step: 2 I created one attribute named "t1" and added it to the Test layout like image 2.

Step: 3 I want the "Test" in the Customize tab like image 3.

Step: 4 I created a new tab "PD" I set a public so everyone can see that, I want the same little difference I have one team handles only WT Parts Whatever he requires I added one tab and can we disable all other tabs except this.

Thanks in advcance,

Amir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

If it is your real jsp custom tab, then you can add a filter(validator) to an action, where you can allow to see the tab only to specific users based on your conditions 

You write validator and assign it to the action . In this case the action is your custom tab,  So you add a filter in a customAction.xml file.

here is example how to create own filter(validator)

CS52551 - How to write a UI validator in Windchill PLM

Knowledge hub CS365154 - Validation Services Customization

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

can you clarify this request a bit more. i understand what you are looking for but it would be nice to understand where you are stuck and how we can provide some additional support

Thank you for the replied Mr. Scott,

I am looking for a custom tab to enable the particular user or role-based because they don't require more tabs. For example, if it's a purchasing team they want only information like name, number, qty, replace &, etc..,

In the above, we created a custom tab named test, I want this add to customize like add this into general. image 3

Image 4 if we set it public everybody can see the tab right, I want that to role-based.

thanks in advance,

Amir

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

If it is your real jsp custom tab, then you can add a filter(validator) to an action, where you can allow to see the tab only to specific users based on your conditions 

You write validator and assign it to the action . In this case the action is your custom tab,  So you add a filter in a customAction.xml file.

here is example how to create own filter(validator)

CS52551 - How to write a UI validator in Windchill PLM

Knowledge hub CS365154 - Validation Services Customization

PetrH

Thank you for your support, Mr. Petr.

Announcements

Top Tags