cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Attribute from PartUsageLink

ptc-4715649
1-Newbie

Attribute from PartUsageLink

Hi everybody!

I created an global attribute called "referencia" and I used it as an attribute for the Part Usage (wt.part.WTPartUsageLink), because the designers needed a different attribute to inform some long reference information about the structure. So, it's a structure attribute.

It works in the structure tab, in the Uses tab. I can see it there.

But when I generate a report, for instance a Multi-level BOM, I can't see the information there. I mean, I have added the attribute in the View, the column is shown, but the value for each part in the structure is not there. Another custom attributes from the WTPart are shown properly.

What can I do to show this information in this report?

Thanks in advance.

Renato Madisson

Configuration Analyst at Mectron Odebrecht
3 REPLIES 3

Renato,

You would need to create a custom report using Info Engine. Maybe someone has already done it and can share it with you.

Rey

Hi Renato

We got a similar issue, it turned to be that after updating the link attributes in the structure tab of the assembly info page in the uses sub-window, after check-out check-in, doing a refresh of the page (F5) revealed that the attributes were gone, all link atrtributes stayed empty.

The only way to update those link attribute was with Product Structure Explorer (PSE).

We had an open issue abut that with the support, still without answer.

Let me know if it applies to your issue, and if you get an answer from PTC TS

Saul Szulanski

In Reply to Renato Madisson:

Hi everybody!

I created an global attribute called "referencia" and I used it as an attribute for the Part Usage (wt.part.WTPartUsageLink), because the designers needed a different attribute to inform some long reference information about the structure. So, it's a structure attribute.

It works in the structure tab, in the Uses tab. I can see it there.

But when I generate a report, for instance a Multi-level BOM, I can't see the information there. I mean, I have added the attribute in the View, the column is shown, but the value for each part in the structure is not there. Another custom attributes from the WTPart are shown properly.

What can I do to show this information in this report?

Thanks in advance.

Renato Madisson

Configuration Analyst at Mectron Odebrecht

To get the part usage link attributes in multilevel BOM repot, you need make changes in info*engine Task and in Cognos report.

All Info*Engine task are for multilevel BOM are in \Windchill\tasks\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\reports folder you can customize the webject / Info*Engine task to match your requirement. And make changes in cogons report .

Below is one article for adding WTPart’s attributes in Multilevel BOM report.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS20865&posno=1&q=WBRMultiLevelBOM.xml&nav=

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Shreyas

Top Tags