cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Authentication to Windchill

berny2U
12-Amethyst

Authentication to Windchill

Hi

We have an Excel application to download quickly (in batch) the pdf or step file from Windchill. We like to show also the 3D (Creo view express files) in an Internet explorer window. For this we have Author licenses.

Although I am passing the credentials in the header, internet explorer prompts me to enter my password. What am I doing wrongly here ?

Attached snippit from Excel vba

Regards

Berny

6 REPLIES 6

Could you post an Apache response and an example of your request with a header?

Hi Ivan

Here already the Apache logfile fragment.

Regards

change edrpvinfo.js to edrpvinfo.jsp in query URL 

The file is not available and I do not like to touch the installation 😉

Besides this application, is there an example how to just log on interactively to Windchill and pass the credentials in the header ? Maybe i can base me to this...

I mean change the file name in your query:

From

GET /Windchill/wtcore/jsp/wvs/wtcore/jsp/wvs/edrpvinfo.js?cb=1576364400000

TO

GET /Windchill/wtcore/jsp/wvs/wtcore/jsp/wvs/edrpvinfo.jsp?cb=1576364400000

First query display that authorization works fine:

"GET /Windchill/wtcore/jsp/wvs/edrview.jsp?url=http://windchill.vld.be/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/com.ptc.wvs.server.util.WVSContentHelper/redirectDownload/a000103266_asm.pvs?HttpOperationItem=wt.content.ApplicationData:1163764422&ContentHolder=wt.viewmarkup.DerivedImage:1156356126&u8=1&objref=OR:wt.viewmarkup.DerivedImage:1156356126 HTTP/1.1" 200

First GET command was obtained at Apache server after manual authentication. Second line was a internal call by the jsp page.

This gets reported when authentication is pending : 

171.30.46.155 - - [19/Dec/2019:10:09:47 +0100] "GET /Windchill/wtcore/jsp/wvs/edrview.jsp?url=http://windchilltest.vld.be/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/com.ptc.wvs.server.util.WVSContentHelper/redirectDownload/a000104654_asm.pvs?HttpOperationItem=wt.content.ApplicationData%3A904058608&ContentHolder=wt.viewmarkup.DerivedImage%3A904057101&u8=1&objref=OR%3Awt.viewmarkup.DerivedImage%3A90405... HTTP/1.1" 401 642 0

Also if you have one time IE logged on correctly this is remebered in de embedded (master) IE process. Closing the IE window does not kill the embedded process and so grants without autorization.

Top Tags