cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Auto Create wt.document

NileshBhinge
6-Contributor

Auto Create wt.document

Hi all,

I want to use robot in workflow, which will generate wt.document of specific type. Kindly help me in doing so..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nilesh,

you can check with this code.

System.out.println("document Creation Activity");

if (primaryBusinessObject !=null) {

try {

wt.doc.WTDocument document=wt.doc.WTDocument.newWTDocument();

document.setName("testpart02");

document.setNumber("testpart02");

document.setContainer(((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject). getContainer()); // which ever workflow you are working with you can give your item. here it is related with problem report.

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(document);

}

catch ( wt.util.WTException wex ) {

System.out.println( "Cannot create document "+((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject).getDisplayIdentifier()+"because "+ wex.getLocalizedMessage( ));

}

}

else{

System.out.println( "Primary business object is NULL");

}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Nilesh,

you can check with this code.

System.out.println("document Creation Activity");

if (primaryBusinessObject !=null) {

try {

wt.doc.WTDocument document=wt.doc.WTDocument.newWTDocument();

document.setName("testpart02");

document.setNumber("testpart02");

document.setContainer(((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject). getContainer()); // which ever workflow you are working with you can give your item. here it is related with problem report.

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(document);

}

catch ( wt.util.WTException wex ) {

System.out.println( "Cannot create document "+((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject).getDisplayIdentifier()+"because "+ wex.getLocalizedMessage( ));

}

}

else{

System.out.println( "Primary business object is NULL");

}

NileshBhinge
6-Contributor
(To:vmg)

Hi Vijayan,

This worked for me... Thanks a ton for your great help. I was able to almost get it, but your help made it perfectly correct.

Regards,

Nilesh

MaBau
1-Newbie
(To:vmg)

Hi Vijayan,

my problem is relatively similar to the one Nilesh has, except that my workflow is not assigned to a primary business object (pbo). That value is zero. I tried to modify the code, but it didn't work. Most of all, I was not able to modify the phrase "document.setContainer(((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject).getContainer())". How can I do that?

Furthermore, I would like to create a document within a workflow and decline this document as pbo. The problem is, I don't quite know how to do that. Can you give me some advice on that?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Willi

Top Tags