cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Auto Create wt.document

NileshBhinge
6-Contributor

Auto Create wt.document

Hi all,

I want to use robot in workflow, which will generate wt.document of specific type. Kindly help me in doing so..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nilesh,

you can check with this code.

System.out.println("document Creation Activity");

if (primaryBusinessObject !=null) {

try {

wt.doc.WTDocument document=wt.doc.WTDocument.newWTDocument();

document.setName("testpart02");

document.setNumber("testpart02");

document.setContainer(((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject). getContainer()); // which ever workflow you are working with you can give your item. here it is related with problem report.

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(document);

}

catch ( wt.util.WTException wex ) {

System.out.println( "Cannot create document "+((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject).getDisplayIdentifier()+"because "+ wex.getLocalizedMessage( ));

}

}

else{

System.out.println( "Primary business object is NULL");

}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Nilesh,

you can check with this code.

System.out.println("document Creation Activity");

if (primaryBusinessObject !=null) {

try {

wt.doc.WTDocument document=wt.doc.WTDocument.newWTDocument();

document.setName("testpart02");

document.setNumber("testpart02");

document.setContainer(((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject). getContainer()); // which ever workflow you are working with you can give your item. here it is related with problem report.

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(document);

}

catch ( wt.util.WTException wex ) {

System.out.println( "Cannot create document "+((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject).getDisplayIdentifier()+"because "+ wex.getLocalizedMessage( ));

}

}

else{

System.out.println( "Primary business object is NULL");

}

NileshBhinge
6-Contributor
(To:vmg)

Hi Vijayan,

This worked for me... Thanks a ton for your great help. I was able to almost get it, but your help made it perfectly correct.

Regards,

Nilesh

MaBau
1-Newbie
(To:vmg)

Hi Vijayan,

my problem is relatively similar to the one Nilesh has, except that my workflow is not assigned to a primary business object (pbo). That value is zero. I tried to modify the code, but it didn't work. Most of all, I was not able to modify the phrase "document.setContainer(((wt.change2.ChangeIssue)primaryBusinessObject).getContainer())". How can I do that?

Furthermore, I would like to create a document within a workflow and decline this document as pbo. The problem is, I don't quite know how to do that. Can you give me some advice on that?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Willi

Announcements

Top Tags