cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Automatic Windchill Publishing rules and configurations

mastachef
12-Amethyst

Automatic Windchill Publishing rules and configurations

In learning about publishing rules, I have a couple of questions about Dynamic Documents and creating a rule to publish a representation automatically.

- Is there a way to specify a publishing rule that will automatically update/create a representation ONLY for a specified document? For example, can I (the user) specify if I want a particular document to be published?

a) documentation suggests that the PE rules apply across the whole board.

- While testing the PE rules, I noticed that if I try to check-in a child document, the WVS does not initiate a publishing job for its parent. Any reason for this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Not understanding why you would want a rule about publishing a single document.

could set up different publish rules in different contexts (e.g. only publish on check in in XYZ Library), but globally (defined at Site or Org) do not.

Not aware of any way to add an IF condition by document identification but wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.  Could just list a number of IF statements (essentially cases).

@MikeLockwood wrote:

Not understanding why you would want a rule about publishing a single document.

could set up different publish rules in different contexts (e.g. only publish on check in in XYZ Library), but globally (defined at Site or Org) do not.

Not aware of any way to add an IF condition by document identification but wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.  Could just list a number of IF statements (essentially cases).

Would like to have a rule which is triggered on "check-in". However, I would like to have some condition like an id or name, which the user can flag from the GUI, to say "if this document has some flag, then the publish rule will kick off". I would like to avoid having a large document create a representation every time when only a small chunk would need to be published.

Top Tags