cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

BOM Transformation not working for SubParts of WTPart

Leon_Dietz
4-Participant

BOM Transformation not working for SubParts of WTPart

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.0.0

I created a new Subtype of the WTPart Object in Windchill, called 'Design Part'. With that I created a simple BOM with about 4 empty Objects, simply to test it out.
Now I am trying to change a BOM in Design view to Service view, however whenever I try to create a new downstream view of it, in the Service Associative Part Structure Browser, I get an error saying: ATTENTION: Downstream cannot be created. There is no valid relationship constraint between parent type 'Design Part' and child type 'Design Part'. And it does not work. When I try to do it with a WTPart, then it works just fine. So how can I create a downstream view with my subpart.

Here are the errors that I faced
ATTENTION: Downstream cannot be created. There is no valid relationship constraint between parent type 'Design Part' and child type 'Design Part'
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Leon_Dietz 

Do you change configuration in Relationship Constraints Tab?

I would try to add own subtype.

Also there could be miss configuration on the subtype

subtypable has to be Yes if you want to use configuration from upper type. 

HelesicPetr_0-1675250185503.png

or you need to configure all additional consequence configuration for the specific subtype.

PetrH 

Hello LD_10443191,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe: did you get a chance to review the comment from HelesicPetr ?

I remain at your disposal for any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Charles Gautier.

Top Tags