cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Task form Templates, create new Change Notice from a Change Notice

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Task form Templates, create new Change Notice from a Change Notice

We have a Business process where by 2 hange Notices are required, the second will be started manually when the first is approved. I have a workflow activity at the end of the 1st CN to create a 2nd CN, I have used the "Create New Change Notice" task form template, which didint work as subject class is Change Request, so I made a new task form template and chose the Change Notice as the subject class and added "New Change Notice" as the Action on subject, but I dont see any action, has anyone had any success creating task form templates to create a new Change Notice?

1 REPLY 1

It may be convoluted but what about putting the second create change notice task back in the CR workflow. You know it will work there and it will automatically tie it to the CR so you will have 2 CNs to 1 CR. You would need some sync robot that waits for the first CN to be approved then advances to the second create change notice task. This way you can use OOTB templates.

Top Tags