cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Bulk Loading Alternate Parts

ptc-4079509
1-Newbie

Bulk Loading Alternate Parts

I have a situation where I would like to 'bulk load' a large number of 'Alternate' parts for existing, released parts (all WTPart type).

The bulk loading I am familiar with is 'Import from Spreadsheet' at the Product level and wondering if an 'alternate' part might be a definable field for update.

Example: A large number of existing parts in my product have been assigned to another supplier and they are equivalent in form, fit, and function, but will have a different part number. I would like them to be 'alternates' for components in my existing product BOMs, but I don't want to manually go to each item and add as alternate.
2 REPLIES 2

Dear Joe,

We are in a similar situation right now.

Was wondering if you got any work around for that. PTC does not support loading alternates via bulk load.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS124466&posno=3&q=load%20alternate%20parts&nav=&source=Search

Any suggestions will help?

regards

Satya

It's actually pretty simple to create a loader for these. I did a quick one for us and once you have the WTPart objects, you just need to create a WTPartAlternateLink and insert the object. So:

WTPartAlternateLink alternates = WTPartAlternateLink.newWTPartAlternateLink(assemblyPart, alternatePart);

PersistenceServerHelper.manager.insert(alternates);

In Reply to Satya Singh:

Dear Joe,

We are in a similar situation right now.

Was wondering if you got any work around for that. PTC does not support loading alternates via bulk load.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS124466&posno=3&q=load%20alternate%20parts&nav=&source=Search

Any suggestions will help?

regards

Satya

Top Tags