cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Bulk Loading WTDocument Soft Types

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Bulk Loading WTDocument Soft Types

10.1 M040

Hi All,
Does anyone have an example CSV file that bulk loads a soft type of WTDocument?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CF6DEE.08ADDDD0]

5 REPLIES 5

Where is your Document soft types are exists now. Is it older WC version or another PLM system.

Ayyappan

I'm not sure what your question is. I am bulk loading new documents without content at the moment. This is not a migration.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01CF6DF7.C23C11A0]

Sorry, misunderstood.
Got it now, you are looking for example csv file for loading Documents of Doc sub types.

Have you checked WCDataLoadGuide.pdf (Windchill Data Loading Reference and Best Practices Guide Windchill 10.1 M040 April 2013).
Also you can check here for example files <wc_home loadfiles=" pdmlink="> or <wc_home loadfiles=" generaldocs.csv=" and=" generaldocs.xml=">. These files doesn't have IBAs, but you can add and run the test.

Thanks
Ayyappan

Hi Patrick,

I don't have a csv file but the attached xml example worked for me on 10.1 M040. The example creates a WRpart (soft type of a WTPart) and a WRDoc (soft type of a WTDocument) and attaches a PDF file as a primary content of the WRDoc. The WRdoc is then linked to the WRPart using the described by link. Make sure you have the PDF content on $Windir/loadfiles/content. Hope that helps.

Rey

OOTB there is utility available to convert xml files to csv. Below is the example

Shreyas

Top Tags