cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CAD Worker Timeout

gkemner
1-Newbie

CAD Worker Timeout

How do I configure the cad worker to shut down or release the license it is using after a certain amount of inactivity? I believe that can be done, I'm just not sure where I go to set that at.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Greg,

you can change this line in the ptc.opt file (you can find it in the Flexnet installation dir).

Time is in seconds

TIMEOUTALL 2700

But if your request is to free Creo license for the use of other users, you can ask your PTC commercial to give you (it's totally free) the dedicated license for cad worker called "PROE_FoundationVis".

Marco

In Reply to Greg Kemner:

How do I configure the cad worker to shut down or release the license it is using after a certain amount of inactivity? I believe that can be done, I'm just not sure where I go to set that at.

Marco
rkobs
1-Newbie
(To:gkemner)

Thanks for the information on the Vis license type, will inquire with PTC.

For management of existing license utilization the following setting is available in the CAD worker configuration wizard:

* AutoIdleStop (sec) - Specify an amount of time in seconds that determines how long the worker can remain idle before it is automatically stopped. If you leave this field empty or set it to zero (0), the worker is not stopped automatically at idle time. Use this option if you need to release the license when it is not being used.

Regards,

bob
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:gkemner)

On 05/06/14 16:13, Greg Kemner wrote:
>
> How do I configure the cad worker to shut down or release the license it is using after a certain amount of inactivity?  I believe that can be done, I'm just not sure where I go to set that at.
>

In the worker configuration UI there is a field called AutoIdleStop. You can set that field to the number of seconds the worker will set idle before exiting. Or you can simply edit the agent.ini file, change the autoidlestop field as apppropriate for all the worker entries, and then "Reload" from
the "Worker Agent Administration" dialog.

In Windchill 10.2 the agent.ini file is located at:
<windchill_install_dir>/Windchill/conf/wvs/agent.ini

In Windchill 9.1 the agent.ini file is located at:
<windchill_install_dir>/Windchill/codebase/agent.ini

Don't know about 10.0 or 10.1.

>
> ----------

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.