cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cad data not being saved/checked in windchill 10

NickAdams
2-Guest

Cad data not being saved/checked in windchill 10

Hi

Has anyone else had any issues with Windchill 10 not saving cad data, or not showing items in the local workspace as modified when you know they have been, this seems to be causing the windchill server to carry out an undo check out, so modifications are then lost. We work on assemblies which range from 50 to 2000 parts/assemblies and currently run WF4.

1 REPLY 1
jbs5
1-Newbie
(To:NickAdams)

Hi Nick - When we went live with Windchill 10 approximately 6 months ago, I have heard lot of complaints from my users on not saving the work in Pro/E. The main reason I found to cause this issue is users have not checked out the entire assembly and when they try to modify, the pop-box comes with saying "Check-out now" option and if you click OK; it sometimes fail to check out the part because somebody else might have checked out the same object. When it fails to check out the object, it also fails to save the object in Pro/E.

I am not sure above comments is the issue you are having but it could be helpful to layout the best practice document and hand out to user community.

The best practice in case above would be check out assembly with all its components OR hit "continue" while the pop box comes up and then later you can update the object in your workspace.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Jay Shah

Top Tags