cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Calculate Attribute

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Calculate Attribute

Hi Guys,

I created three reusable attributes added in WT Part Soft type attributes also and I did the same thing for the EPM Document.

If I enter any value from the WT Part automatically those values come in the EPM Document.

Qns: I create one calculated attribute to combine all three attributes and get into a single value. But I can't see that in CAD Software attributes.

Regards,

Aj

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Calculated attributes can not be propagated to the CAD model in the creo session.

The calculation is done on the html page loading and it is not saved anywhere. So the information can not be propagated to the model as you wish. 

PetrH

@HelesicPetr 

Thanks for the reply, Please let me know if there is another approach we can use here to combine three attribute's value into one value.

Regards,

Aj.

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

You can create a customization that save the value to some additional IBA attribute. as you need. 

Or you can use OOTB option to share three attributes to the model, and in the creo session use a Relations to calculate your value and store it in your additional attribute.

PetrH

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HelesicPetr)

create an alias attribute on the EPM to get teh value from Associated part , is it an owner assciation ?

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone
(To:Fadel)

@Fadel Thanks for the replay,

How can we create alias attributes for these three calculated attributes?

Regards,

Aj

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel 

The question is how to get the calculated value to the CAD Software attributes so the model 😄 

PetrH

If modifications done to the wtpart, they have to be “published” to the EPMDocument, they don’t automatically show up.  It should push those attributes to the CAD model.  

Also you can push values directly from wtpart including calculated attributes via a preference at the site level for EACH of the different cad applications (or same for all).  

some notes:

1) epmdoc doesn’t handle multi-values but with that preference they can be sent directly to CREO model from wtpart

2) normal “calculated” attributes cannot handle multivaled attributes in the formula.   However, the calculated field will allow you to run Java methods if you configure them, and that command “execute(com.xxx.xxx, param1,param2,param3)” does allow sending of multivalued attributes.  
2a).   Make sure your code handles null, strings (if only one value sent) and objects (if attribute has >1 value.  )

2b. Code knows what object is so you don’t even have to send parameters if you want to query them in code.  

Announcements

Top Tags