cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can I find and view parameters directly from windchill instead of having to open a model/drawing?

AndresGzz
3-Visitor

Can I find and view parameters directly from windchill instead of having to open a model/drawing?

I have drawings for parts that are automatically filled since they are taken from the model parameters. Some examples are PARTNAME, PARTNUMBER, REVISIONLEVEL, etc. I have a lot of drawings that I need to open to review those parameters. Is it possible to get the parameters directly from windchill instead of having to open each drawing?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AndresGzz 

It depends on configuration. 

If parameters are set to designate and are defined in Windchill Type and attribute management then you can report them from Windchill.

The values are written to the Windchill database during check-in. 

It the parameters are just part of drawing inside a CAD then you need to open each drawing to check the parameters.

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AndresGzz 

It depends on configuration. 

If parameters are set to designate and are defined in Windchill Type and attribute management then you can report them from Windchill.

The values are written to the Windchill database during check-in. 

It the parameters are just part of drawing inside a CAD then you need to open each drawing to check the parameters.

PetrH

So for example, this parameter would not be retrievable from windchill since the "designate" checkmark is unmarked?

AndresGzz_0-1654182225490.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AndresGzz)

That is correct.

You would also need to create an IPA in Type and Attribute manager in Windchill to accept that designated parameter when the file is checked-in.

Ok, thank you very much

Top Tags