cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can I store modelcheck configuration files in Windchill?

mdebower
18-Opal

Can I store modelcheck configuration files in Windchill?

Hi everyone,

I am starting to configure modelcheck for use by my company, and was wondering if I can store the modelcheck configuration files in Windchill? We have multiple sites, and this would be the best.

-marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, just re-read that, and it wasn't clear, even to me!

What I mean is, can I set the Pro/E (Creo) configuration option modelcheck_dir to a Windchill folder?

For example:

modelcheck_dir wtpub://Windchill/CAD Library/modelcheck/config

Hi Marc,

I have similar situation now when we are planning to implement Model check in the ProE - Windchill PDMLink environment.

Have you found an answer to this question you have sent almost 5 years ago?

Br.

Tomi

Hello Tomi,

No, I have not recieved an answer nor taken the time to experiment with it myself. (Seems like there is always another project that is more important.)

-marc

Hello Tomi.

I'm reasonably sure that you would not want to set the mcdir or modelcheck_dir to the Windchill Server. I'm not sure how Creo and MC would behave using http traffic. We've been running Modelcheck for a dozen years or more and we've had Windchill since 2006. We use the environment variable mcdir to a folder path but not to the Wndchill server.

We did not test our Modelcheck path to Windchill. It is working reliably outside of Windchill.

KR, Jim

Top Tags