cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can't open Pro Engineer Files within ProductView

ptc-1852440
1-Newbie

Can't open Pro Engineer Files within ProductView

Installed ProductPoint 1.1 F000 on a server and deployed the ProductView to the clients. An Issue occured with ProductPoint in which ProductPoint 1.1 M010 was deployed. We then uploaded some parts into the catlog, but have now found that these can be opened within ProductView, with this we then updated ProductView and was then able to upload NEW parts to ProductPoint and then open them within ProductView, the only Problem now is that we can open any ofht existing parts within ProductView, just the newly uploaded parts. I have tried the following: - Deleting the Parts from ProductPoint and reloading them, didnt work Tried changing the model and resaving it to ProductPoint, didnt work Tried deleting the representation (PVS) and resaing it to ProductPoint, didnt work. Have mode sore that and relevant config options are within the config.pro Have emptied the recycle bin, didnt work From looking at the data it looks like the Parts are still be held somewhere else e.g. MSQL, Sharepoint or somethink. Any advise on this Issue would be great.
3 REPLIES 3

What happens when you try to open part in PVLite?

If I try to open a part from ProductPoint in ProductView, ProductView opens but just sits there and doesnt load the file. But If I download the PVS to a client then you can open it in ProductView.

It could be authentication problem. If PVLite doesn't authenticate properly with PP, it displays empty window. I had similar problems when running PVlite on Home editions of Windows (XP, Vista). Home editions do not remember network passwords, so PVLite cannot authenticate, but it doesn't display login dialog and nothing happens.
Top Tags