cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can you add items in a CN resulting objects table directly to a Creo Workspace?

Lohbauer
1-Newbie

Can you add items in a CN resulting objects table directly to a Creo Workspace?

Happy Friday All,

Is there a way to take Objects in a Resulting Objects table, in a CN Implementation plan task, and add them directly to a Creo Workspace?  Just as in PDMLink you can add CAD objects directly to a workspace, it would make sense to be able to do the same thing from a resulting objects table since the assignee with a CAD task would much prefer to dump the contents of the table into a Workspace and get to work.

Thanks in Advance

Bob Lohbauer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:Lohbauer)

robert lohbauer‌,

Please check my comment on your Product Idea.  Re: Paste Into Workspace  I think this existing functionality fits your use case.  If yes, then please mark this question as answered.  Also review my comment about native task form templates in M030.  It will streamline the process even more.

2015-08-07_18-56-47.gif

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

following thread may help.

Re: Paste Into Workspace

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:ybagul)

Well there you have it.  Never even thought to look at that.

Probably because you have an older version of PDMLink.  It looks like the ability was added in 10.2 M020...

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I believe you can't do that directly.  However...

1. I think they might have included that in 10.2 or might be coming in 11.  I thought I heard/read they were going to include that.

2. Indirectly you can right click on a drawing and use the Open in Creo in the menu.  It will add the drawing and model(s) into your workspace.  But if there are more drawings then you can't bring them all in to a workspace at once.

Thanks to all for your responses.  Yogesh, I agree that answers the question.  And Steve, that approach will work, thanks.  BTW I am using 10.2 m010. Definitely going into the ideas bin to put that functionality forward.  Hopefully for 11

Bob

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

robert lohbauer‌,

Please check my comment on your Product Idea.  Re: Paste Into Workspace  I think this existing functionality fits your use case.  If yes, then please mark this question as answered.  Also review my comment about native task form templates in M030.  It will streamline the process even more.

2015-08-07_18-56-47.gif

Thanks Ben,

I am currently working on M010, so i barely missed the functionality I was looking for.  Time for a build upgrade!!

Bob

Top Tags