cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cannot search for OrgPrincipals using CAGE code as criteria on Participant Administrator

StephenHaberman
4-Participant

Cannot search for OrgPrincipals using CAGE code as criteria on Participant Administrator

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.1.3

When searching for Org Principals using CAGE code as criteria, search errors because it is returning to many results.
It does not matter what CAGE code value you put in, it always returns too many.

Here are the errors that I faced
Too many results returned

It looks to me like the QueryPrincipalsServerHelper.class is expecting to see organizationIdentifier in the paramString but what is there is actually ptcUniqueOrganizationIdentifier, so the sql query has incorrect where clause.
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Steve Haberman,

I'm Charles from PTC Tech Support in Europe, regarding this question can you provide the full error message you're seeing in the Windchill UI / MethodServer? Any further details regarding the use-case?

I will be grateful if you can send me this information.

KR,

Charles.

StephenHaberman_0-1645205498431.png

Here is some output from method server log..  it is not from the same query as above but you can see that the 'ptcUniqueOrganizationIdentifier' value that is input in the GUI does not make it into the sql query where clause.

2022-02-17 13:10:05,985 DEBUG [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-3] wt.org.QueryPrincipalsServerHelper wcadmin - In getDatabasePrincipal : principalClass class wt.org.WTOrganization, criteria(((name='*steve*'))&((ptcUniqueOrganizationIdentifier='*123*'))), containers.size() : null

2022-02-17 13:10:06,001 DEBUG [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-3] wt.org.QueryPrincipalsServerHelper wcadmin - filter value: (&(name=*steve*)(ptcUniqueOrganizationIdentifier=*123*))

2022-02-17 13:10:06,001 DEBUG [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-3] wt.org.QueryPrincipalsServerHelper wcadmin - getDatabasePrincipal qs: SELECT A0.*

FROM wt.org.WTOrganization A0

WHERE (UPPER(A0.name) LIKE '%STEVE%') AND (A0.internal = 1) AND (A0.status = 'public') AND (A0.disabled = 0)

joins=null

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:StephenHaberman)

I don't use CAGE codes, but it sounds like it's hitting the 50 user limit in the participant search.  Maybe try increasing this setting in Windchill.  Make sure to restart the Windchill processes after making this change.

xconfmanager -s com.ptc.netmarkets.userSearch.maxCount=500 -t codebase\wt.properties -p

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs33609

StephenHaberman
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thank You for your reply!
I should have explained the issue better..  The problem is not that it won't let me see the results.  The issue is that adding more detailed criteria does not reduce the size of the result set.  There is something causing the cage code criteria to not be included in the database query.

Sounds pretty much related to SPR 13575247:CS363191

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cgautier)

@cgautier 

SPR 13575247 is not publicly visible and CS363191 doesn't offer any resolution or workaround.  Where does that leave the customer?

TomU_0-1645535696954.png

? SPR 13575247 ?

I also see in 12.0.2.2 that when searching for an Organization, the Organization ID criteria (CAGE code) is ignored. Whereas it is taken into account when searching for users.

Unfortunately above SPR is not fixed, neither 12.0 nor 12.1.

KR,

Charles.

I have opened ptc case:   C16266449

Thank you for your research!

Top Tags