cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Change Documents - Process Tab

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Change Documents - Process Tab

Is there a way to remove the members table from a user's view? For the average user, this is confusing and just clutter.

3 REPLIES 3

Yes it's possible. The customizer's guide has a section on it.

From a high level, you need to find which Action Model has that tab and it's command defined on it. (codebase\config\actions\*-actionmodels.xml)
Copy the action model section to the custom-actionModels.xml file
In the custom-actionModels.xml, remove the action that you don't want on that tab.

We recently removed the Relationship Explorer from all the tabs. I found the tabs where it was used, below is the example I found for CAD Docs,

<model name="cadInfoPageTabSet">
<submodel name="infoDetails_cadx"/">
<action name="modelStructureGWT" type="msr"/">
<submodel name="content_cadx"/>
<submodel name="related_cadx"/>
<submodel name="changesTab"/">
<submodel name="history_cadx"/>
<submodel name="requirementTraceabilityTab"/>

</model>

The sysnavTab is the Relationship Explorer, I commented it out. You can restart Windchill, and the actions will be reapplied, or you can go to the site preferences, turn on Client Customizations, then you will get a new icon in the navigator for customizations. Go there, go to Tools and then there is an option to Reload Actions which will not require a restart. I would then recommend to set the preference back to off for Client Customizations.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.
Steve D.
GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:GregOlson)

See below, these are the changes that I made....commenting out the members table.

-<model resourcebundle="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.changeManagementActionsRB" name="changeNoticeProcessTab">

<action name="changeWorkItemsTable" type="changeNotice"/">
<action name="processHistory" type="workflow"/">
<action name="discuss" type="forum"/">

I am a bit confused, do I leave the orginal xml (changemanagement-actionmodels.xml)file alone and copy all of the above
to the custom-actionModels.xml file?

<listofactions/>

Above is our custom table OOTB, what should it look like?

I am a novice when it comes to customizing UI.

Thanks,

Greg

Yes leave the changemanagement-actionmodels.xml file alone.

In the custom file you want to copy from the <model> to </model> tag. Then comment out or delete any items you don't want.

The out of the box custom file has the <listofactions> tag closed since there is no items in it. So you just replace that with an open and a close tag and put the modified models between it as shown below.

<listofactions>

<model name="changeNoticeProcessTab" resourcebundle="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.changeManagementActionsRB">
<action name="listTeamCC" type="team"/">
<action name="changeWorkItemsTable" type="changeNotice"/">

<action name="discuss" type="forum"/">
</model>

</listofactions>

Top Tags