cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Management Customization

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Change Management Customization

Does anyone have a detail, concise document on the steps to customize the change management forms and workflow associated with change request?

Things that we have identified to change are the change request form itself, the workflow process to add a few steps for signoffs and the roles that need populated with user names.

We are running Windchill/PDMLink 10.0 m040 with Creo2 m100.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I did figure most of it out eventually. We have been using Windchill Change Requests since October of last year. Still have some issues and will need to reset the sequence numbering once the last few issues are resolved.

Lots of areas in Windchill that need modified to make it all work and little documentation. Windchill help explains the functionality of what to do for the change but very little on the why or its consequences.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

What exactly are you looking to customize on the forms and in the workflow? Are you trying to validate information in the wizards?

doehr
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

I'm thinking silence is golden, and other posts have covered this.

Found this one as a More Like This link from another discussion, a year old...is this still an issue for you?

I am starting to get asked similar questions about what we can do in this area.   So far I haven't found any good answers, but I have just started looking around.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I did figure most of it out eventually. We have been using Windchill Change Requests since October of last year. Still have some issues and will need to reset the sequence numbering once the last few issues are resolved.

Lots of areas in Windchill that need modified to make it all work and little documentation. Windchill help explains the functionality of what to do for the change but very little on the why or its consequences.

Welcome to my life . We've had to figure out the "why" and consequences on our own, which is why having a baseline change management policy for your company really, really helps.

Top Tags