cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change state archived

rfernandez
1-Newbie

Change state archived

Hi all

Is there a way I can change the state Archived to work? I´ve made a mistake clicking "archived" while I was changing the state of an assembly from released to work and now I don´t know how to change it again.

I´m desperate!!

Thanks a lot!

11 REPLIES 11
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rfernandez)

A "normal" user can only change states based on what is allowed in the lifecycle.  An administrator can go from any state to any other state without restriction.  Talk to your admin. 

Hi Tom!

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that i'm the administrator and the only option I can choose is "archived" again, look at the photo. I don't know if I have to enable some aplication or additional permissions.

Print.png

Thanks a lot!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I am not familiar with "Creo Elements/Direct Model Manager Standalone".  What do you see if you log into Windchill directly, view this object, and perform set state from there?

set_state1.png

set_state2.png

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

Rober,

If only Archived shows when you try to do a Set State in Windchill, too, you will need to update the life cycle template to make sure that the other states are available for the Set State transition when in the Archive state:

10-19-2015 12-30-17 PM.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:LoriSood)

Lori Sood‌,

I don't believe these restrictions apply to site administrators.

Thanks all for your answers.

I agree with Tom, the administrator shouldn´t has restrictions. The problem is that i'm using "Model manager", I don't know the difference between this module and "Windchill" but even being an administrator I'm not be able to change the state if the part is in Archived. If somebody make a mistake and click in archived, the part can't be used again.

The Windchill Help at /Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=LCStateTransDefine&action=show says:

Note

A user with Administrative permission on an object may perform a Set State operation to change to any other life cycle state, regardless of the transitions defined.

By the way "Administrator" is not the same as "Organization Administrator" in Pdmlink 10. The Administrator does not automatically have full rights on all objects.

Maybe you take a look at /Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=WCCG_Oview_CustTutorial_CreateAdministrator&action=show

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Rober Fernandez‌, it would appear that the issue is specific to "Model Manager".  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many of us in the Windchill group know that product.  You really need to log into Windchill directly without using this other program.  Either that or maybe try posting in the Creo Elements/Direct community.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

I did a quick search in our internal DB just to see what I could find out about this, and the recommendations I saw with issues similar to this had to do with ensuring that the proper DT_STATEFLOW elements are created. Not sure if that rings any bells with you.

I concur with Tom, though. If you're not setting state using Windchill then the other community would be more appropriate for this question. Please let me know if you'd like me to move this discussion over, there.

Very thanks to all of you for the answers, now I know that at least in Windchill is possible to change the state "Archived". I will open the same question in PTC Creo Elements/Direct.

@Lori Sood you are very welcome to the new question in the other community.

Top Tags