cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Changing Access rights through setRoleAdHocAcl

dask
1-Newbie

Changing Access rights through setRoleAdHocAcl

Hi !

I've got a couple of questions regarding setting ProjectLink access rights.

So I'm developing a customizations for windchill 10.1 which attempts to set ProjectLink access rights via a workflow/route. The method which is used is setRoleAdHocAcl(ContainerTeamManaged container, AdHocControlled per, Vector perms, String roleName) found in inf.team.ContainerTeamHelper .

The following information is given in the supported javadoc:

Set the ad-hoc access rights for a given role in the container's team. To remove all the ad-hoc access rights granted by the ProjectLink access ui or by this method previously, pass it an empty Vector of permissions. The object is returned after is has been saved.

I have no problems removing access rights. But when I try to set an access right I get a java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException ...

The following illustrates what I want to do :

Vector vec = new Vector(1);

vec.add(wt.access.AccessPermission.READ);

ContainerTeamHelper.service.setRoleAdHocAcl(container, (AdHocControlled)part, vec, "Designer");

While there certainly could be something wrong with the code I have written it seems more likely that there is something else that's causing the exception, based on the fact that I'm able to remove access rights ..

So are there any initial conditions which must be met in order for me to set access rights in this way?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags