cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Check in error

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Check in error

My company is pretty new to Windchill we are using version 10.1 M040. One of my users got this error when trying to check in a part.

The transaction log for database 'WindchillDB' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it, or do I need to submit a case with PTC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Basically the log file for your database transactions is full. We are on SQL Server and we basically shrink the log file nightly. The support article is CS81926. I tried to paste a link, but it wasn't pasting correctly. Try a search on the support website for "The transaction log for database is full"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Basically the log file for your database transactions is full. We are on SQL Server and we basically shrink the log file nightly. The support article is CS81926. I tried to paste a link, but it wasn't pasting correctly. Try a search on the support website for "The transaction log for database is full"

Thanks Brian, I don't know anything about servers, so none of that makes sense to me, but I did forward to my IT department hopefully they will understand it.

Hello James.

Did you fixed that?

Im with the same problem here...

Thanks.

Fabio

Yes I did, its been awhile, but I believe I followed the recommendations of CS81926. Either that or I got help from PTC support.

Top Tags