cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Cognos Error when trying to run a report: RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlOpenResult' status='-28'.

psingh-8
2-Guest

Cognos Error when trying to run a report: RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlOpenResult' status='-28'.

Hello Friends,

I have a qml report, which when run through Windchill works fine but I am not able to export it since it is a huge report with more than 200k records.

When I try to run it using Cognos, it fails with following error:

RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlOpenResult' status='-28'.

UDA-SQL-0114 The cursor supplied to the operation "sqlOpenResult" is inactive.UDA-SQL-0528 The XML parser returned the following message: "An exception occurred! Type:NetAccessorException, Message:Could not open file: http://xxx-ltd.com/Windchill/servlet/XML4Cognos?table=Site%23_SINGHP_latestStdpart&uid=wtadmin&locale=en-in".RSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:RSReportService.cpp(729): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::processImpl()RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(258): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): asynchWait_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(848): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(563): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::handlePromptExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(904): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): asynchRun_RequestExecution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(591): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::executeAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(323): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(79): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(417): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSReportPagesAssembly.cpp(178): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportPagesAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(367): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(314): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(367): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(367): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(151): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(417): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(417): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardRSResultSetIterator.cpp(1472): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSResultSetIterator::retrieveDataQFSPartialDataset.cpp(80): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSPartialDataset::GetEdgeIteratorSource/QEDmResultSet.cpp(75): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

What could be the reason for this? Is it because the output is too large?

If yes, is there a way to increase that. If not, what could it be. Other reports, whether QML or Info*Engine are running fine on Cognos.

On another note, how do I increase the number of records for export in Windchill which is currently around 65k.

Thanks

Pardeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see that. Reading through the stack trace, I think your report needs tuning from a Cognos front. The error code is thrown on Report Query Processor. How is the memory usage of BIBusTKServer on the Cognos server? 

See whether you can tune and increase the throughput following the steps mentioned in https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS144925

Thanks,

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Binesh,

That is similar but don't think it is related. status=232 is when Cognos is not working at all. Here it is not working for a particular report.

Thanks

Pardeep

I see that. Reading through the stack trace, I think your report needs tuning from a Cognos front. The error code is thrown on Report Query Processor. How is the memory usage of BIBusTKServer on the Cognos server? 

See whether you can tune and increase the throughput following the steps mentioned in https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS144925

Thanks,

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Hi Binesh,

thanks for the link. It looks very relevant. Let me try this and get back.

Thanks

Pardeep

Top Tags