cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Collecting Reference Documents (9.1)

vedderkris
1-Newbie

Collecting Reference Documents (9.1)

I have a requirement to reference Illustration records to Manuals.  So I have associated the latest version of illustrations to the latest version of the Manual, making the illustrations Reference Documents on the Manual.  Going forward, when a change notice is started, I want the user to be able to collect the illustration records that will be changing in that manual, to create new revision (resulting objects) for the manual and illustrations changing.  But what happens to the illustrations that are still associated to the previous version?  Am I missing something?

Example

Version A of Manual has associated Version A of 10 Illustration records.

A change notice is created. Version B of the Manual and 5 Illustrations are now Version B, go through workflow and get Released.

But when a new change noticed is created for Version C of the Manual, when I go to collect the illustrations, only 5 appear from version B.  I want the other 5 that were version A to also show up, because now they may need a change.

How do I do this?  Need to adjust a preference?  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Kristie

1 REPLY 1

May want to look at Document Structures for this.

Baselines and/or Managed Collections also.

Top Tags