cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Correct Validation step for Import from Spreadsheet to permit copy/paste or export

jbriggs
3-Visitor

Correct Validation step for Import from Spreadsheet to permit copy/paste or export

Currently in Windchill 10.2, performing copy/paste operations out of the Validation step of Import from Spreadsheet results in not all of the information being pasted correctly. For our users, who frequently run into errors and find they need to provided these errors to our business support team for assistance, this can be frustrating, especially when errors scroll off the screen and many print screen operations are required to get around this issue.

I logged a support call (12336037) and was told this is due to the combined JavaScript/Ajax coding is the reason why copy/paste doesn't work.

I see two options -

1) Re-code the page to permit copy/paste.

2) Add a simple "Export" or "Copy to clipboard" button to permit these errors to be communicated.

5 REPLIES 5

I think this is a very good idea.

The user really should be able to capture all the errors of a validation operation.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:jbriggs)

Jeff,

Have you opened an Idea for this?

That was my intent with this thread according to the instructions I recieved from my support consultant. Is there a different method to open an Idea?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:jbriggs)

Hi Jeff,

You want to create a Product Idea per the enhancement process rather than a Discussion

1-27-2015+10-11-54+AM.jpg

I see, thank you. I've created it here: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/5273

Top Tags