cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Costing as part of Product Development

cc-2
6-Contributor

Costing as part of Product Development

Hello everyone.

Costing is a huge debat in ERP and from my own little experience become a hotter topic in PLM.

All PTC fan will surely agree with the PTC vision that everything that need iteration comes from PLM/PDS and once reached the steady state is pushed to ERP.

In real world, sorry if I offence anyone. it is easier said than done.

Company have their ERP, culturaly people say Cost belong to ERP. but how do they get to that particular cost/value this comes often from work done outside ERP.

I have managed to create interest in this area in my company and now we are going into more detailed discussion (still discussion though).

Have any of your implemented processed to cost parts and do cost roll up on assemblies in PLM which are then pushed to ERP.

To me, if cost has to be done in PLM; it implies a 2 way connection with ERP. ERP has the labour cost, ERP has the raw material cost etc... Once calculated in PLM it is pushed in ERP but then the PLM value becomes "obsolete" as many factor in ERP will make the cost change over time (labour cost for instance) and therefore PLM must be updated.

There is the ideal situation where you have everything you need in PLM and the appropriate connection with ERP but before you get there how to define the phases ?

Do you just start by creating a parameter in PDMLink that is the manufacturing cost of each parts.

How does that help with the assemblies ? PDMLink cannot add the cost of each part to calculate the cost of the assembly, also you need the cost of the assembling process.

Surely, this is where MPMLink will need to be used.

Or do you do first your initial costing so in ERP you have something to start with and then finish it off in ERP and finally update PLM with the real cost ?

Has anyone of you gone so far to pretend they do their costing in PLM and then push into ERP.

Does anyone of you have started to implement this ? What are your milestone ?

Is PTCuser the right forum to discuss such business processes ?

Sorry a lot of questions 😞

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags