cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Create a database and a windchill user using the PSI

ptc-2878357
1-Newbie

Create a database and a windchill user using the PSI

Hello Gurus,

I was trying to create a new database and a user (only these two) using the PSI.

Has any one done this if yes can they share there experiences.

The scenerio here is :-

Fire a PSI --> Chose Standalone Components option --> Check create a database and new user (give the database details and other details that PSI needs).

Thanks

Mayur

1 REPLY 1

Mayur,

Creating the database and installation user is fairly easy. Along with the PSI, you will need the PDMLink Third Party Software. The information you need to input is:

Base Installation Directory - Path for Windchill directory
Installation Directory for Oracle Configuration Utility - This is defaulted to {Base Installation Directory}\ocu. I would suggest putting it in {Drive}:\ptc. The reason I suggest this is after upgrades (i.e. 9.1 -> 10.1) the ocu folder stays in the old directory (ptc\Windchill_9.1).
Oracle Server Installation Directory - Usually something like D:\oracle\product\11.2.0\db_1
Oracle Database DNS Registered Host Name - Host Name for the database server
Oracle Database Listener Port Number - Default is 1521
Oracle Database System Identifier (SID) - The SID you want to name your Windchill database.
Oracle 'SYSTEM' Account Password - Password set for the SYSTEM account when you installed Oracle
Oracle User Name for Windchill Installation - User Name for your Windchill Database user.

If you are installing on Linux, the PSI has to be run as your Linux Oracle user.

Hope this helps,

Todd Burkhart
ProductSpace Solutions, Inc.

Top Tags