cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Create actions for Documents

Dhruv
1-Newbie

Create actions for Documents

Hello,

Library -> Document.

When documents are actually created, a nice icon is being displayed at the side of the link of the file associated to that document. Like a ms-word icon for msword files, text icon for text file... in the primary content row.

I am creating a document with local file a compressed version of canvas file. When the document is shown I want it to show the canvas icon on the side. Kinda of customize it to show it to the user. Also uncompress the same before they download it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Dhruv)

Take a look at <wc.home>/loadFiles/dataformats.csv

You should just be able to create a loadfile with the dataformat you want, though I've never done it. You may also have to/want to modify wt.content.FormatNameRB?

9.1 has <wc.home>/loadFiles/officexmlformats.xml if you want to take a look at an xml formatted loadfile

Actually ... Thats just for changing the icon and make it work.

I want to upload a PVZ file the 3D format used by Windchill to save 3D files (which are opened in Creo Elements).

But in this case that PVZ file will contain the canvas image. and should kick off the ACD canvas12 file when clicked on the icon...

OliverDroop
12-Amethyst

You need to register a new format for this like descibed above.

Afterwards you need to tell IE what to do with the downloaded file. Therefore you need to add this .ACD extension to the MIME types so that the bowser can directly launch the correct application for viewing.

see here

http://www.ehow.com/how_6924444_edit-mime-types-ie.html

hope that helps

what will not work is if this file is a pvz file since I guess that your canvas12 viewer can not handle the zip and it might conflict with PV. keeping it unzipped should work in any case

If you store a compressed file, I think your content type would be application/zip or jar or something, so you couldn't get the icon you want (unless it's a unique compression format?). You'll have to do some research but maybe you could use a custom download servlet to check for your file types and do the decompression?

Dhruv
1-Newbie

Is there way to create an action in the given Actions menu to call a task, which could do the processing.??

Yes, take a look at Windchill Customization Guide. basically you have to add a snippet to two files custom-action.xml and custom-actionModel.xml. The action can trigger any URL as needed like an IE task, a servlet/jsp page on the Windchill server or just any URL even on another server if that is the kind of action you want to trigger.

Top Tags