cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creation of Multiple subfolders in multiple product and Library

aray
5-Regular Member

Creation of Multiple subfolders in multiple product and Library

is there an easy way to create multiple folders in multiple products and libraries?

The load file can create subfolders just in one context.

5 REPLIES 5
PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:aray)

I need to create folder on dozen of products as well but found no solution yet. Frustrating...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:PetrP)

Why try to automate a one-time process?

I can see initially loading contexts from a load file, even if it is limited to one context at a time. Just run the loader multiple times.

ScottMorris
17-Peridot
(To:PetrP)

if load from file does what you want, you just need to create a simple script to cycle it through the list of containers it should run against. in its simplest form, you can enter the command for the first container, copy-n-paste, edit for the second container, repeat. a more elegant solution would be to read the container list from an external file and execute the load from file command in a loop.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:ScottMorris)

From my point of view would be much easier let PTC manage multi folder creation as optional:

Folder.jpg

d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:aray)

This can even done quite easily with a Java class.

The class could read a CSV file (for example) that has the top folder name in the first column.

Each successive column would have the name of the folder that is a sub folder of the folder name in the previous column.

So, you need one row per folder path for each unique path from the top folder to the bottom folder in the path. 

Definitely doable.

Top Tags