cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo Drawing changes not saving after check-in

tommurray76
2-Guest

Creo Drawing changes not saving after check-in

I have been encountering an issue that I cannot find any explanation for...

I will send a drawing to my Workspace and check it out to make changes. After making the changes, I will regen (just in case), save the drawing, create a PDF and check the drawing it back in. Once another person opens it, some, or all of, the changes have disappeared. I have checked out and back in using all of the various ways that you can do so. I have even removed them from my workspace after check-in and added back to the workspace to ensure the changes are there. Even after verifying the changes stayed, it still reverts back sometimes. It is causing me many re-works and wasting a lot of time on the same issue over and over. HELP PLEASE!

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tommurray76)

Does the other person have an older iteration of the file in their workspace, thus saving that one over your latest one. They MUST resync their workspace before opening any file that is modified by someone else.

No, that was one of the first things we looked at. It will happen when I open the same drawing as well....even after removing it from the Workspace, verifying the dwg version is up to date in Windchill, and finally sending it to my cleared Workspace to check the drawing again. The really odd thing is that I have done that and confirmed that the changes stayed, and then when someone else opens the drawing, it once again reverts the changes.

BTW...thanks for the response Ben Loosli!

What type of changes are being made?  Does the file include a mechanism? Are the changes layer related (especially hide/unhide of objects which affects layers) without a "Save Status"

Jason27
12-Amethyst
(To:jbailey)

Could you create a new workspace. and check out your drawing to this empty new workspace. and do modification and check the drawing back to the PDMLink server?

let your colleague create a new empty workspace and check out your drawing.

Top Tags