cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View 3.0 Lite Crash

Duplo
4-Participant

Creo View 3.0 Lite Crash

Hello everyone,

my we are preparing to migrate to Windchill 10.2. With this we are going to put Creo View 3.0 Lite as our preview.

Creo View itself as a standalone programs works fine and stable. If you open it through Windchill through the IE there is also no problem.

BUT if you open files via creo browser which actually is nothing different but an IE (at least I think it is), it crashes after a few seconds of moving or rotating the model. If you move a model just in the preview window everything freezes for about 2-5 minutes.

I tried different Java Versions, workstations and grapic drivers. Also a WF5 M250 and a Creo 2.0 M120. No success.

Anyone having these problems too? Because I got no idea how to fix this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Fred

5 REPLIES 5
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:Duplo)

Frederick,

An ActiveX plug-in is also used when launching Creo View Lite from within Windchill rather than as standalone. Have you tried deleting/uninstalling the plug-in and letting Windchill install it again?

Duplo
4-Participant
(To:LoriSood)

Hey Lori,

I uninstalled Adobe Active-X, but how do I get Windchill to start the installation? Btw. CV can still be launched from within Windchill. So is Active-X really requiered? Or just recommended?

Duplo
4-Participant

Ok I still did not figure out the problem. CV keeps on crashing or freezing. I found out though that when it freezes and I change the process affiliation in windows task manager everything works fine again.

Is there really no one else having problems with 3d-preview in Windchill or creo view as browser plugin?

Duplo
4-Participant

Ok, the error disappears when I set

windows_browser_type = ie_in_sep_process

cv3 runs stable in browser mode then.

The Problem is that I can not use ie_in_sep_process because I use some other tools which require ie_in_process *.

With this information anyone got an idea what I can do to run cv3 stable with ie_in_process * ?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Frederick,

the the following article is helpful in troubleshooting over the web Creo View issues:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS160238

enable the logging and see if any errors are captured. Please share the log or errors.

Top Tags