cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo hangs on Retrieval Window after Crash

ptc-2151062
1-Newbie

Creo hangs on Retrieval Window after Crash

Hello all,

We are running Creo 1.0 M050 w/ Windchill 10.0 M030.

After Creo crashes, I restart the application and it will then hang on the "Retrieval" Window ("Creo Parametric was not closed properly...Click retrieve or continue"). I am pretty sure it has to do with Windchill - in particular two lines in my config file. I know this because if I remove these lines from the config, Creo will not hang on the retrieval window upon startup.

The config file lines in question are:

pro_format_dir wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Formats

start_model_dir wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Formats

If I start Creo after a legitimate shutdown (not after a crash), everything loads just fine with no hangs.

Any ideas?

Andri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This Option worked for me

last_session_retrieval no

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Some times even after a shutdown you can't get in.
I could resolve it by removing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\PTC\.ptcm1912

But this cleanups your local workspace . You will lose your un-uploaded modifications.

Do someone have a better solution?

The ptcm1912 is the browser cache. Not the wgm folder.

You can remove this folder and will not lose any of the unsaved work to server.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-2151062)

I've got a ticket in with PTC on this currently. I'll let you know what they come back with.

This Option worked for me

last_session_retrieval no

Aziz,

that config option works for me as well. Never used the retrieve much anyway...

Thanks,

Andri

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:AzizKaragoz)

This worked for me.

BTW, here's the response I got from PTC's tech support:

Hello Domingo,

I have been doing some testing on this issue, and it does not seem as though this is possible. However, I am going to talk to some members of R&D to see if they know of any way to do this.

Pathetic!

rmyers
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2151062)

I've got an open call on this as well. I'm able to repeat the issue so I'm hoping I'll have some success with PTC support.

rmyers
5-Regular Member
(To:rmyers)

It looks like PTC has taken this issue seriously. I've got an SPR and they've created a customer service note as well CS164045. The issue hasn't been resolved, but they believe that it is a problem. Step one complete.

Robert,

I looked up this SPR, and in it it says they have no plans to fix. I tried to set the config option, but that did not work for me.

Dennis Rehmer

I have exactly the same problem, can't do anything about it. Tried deleting the folders mentioned by Joao, didnt help. I cant even start Creo because of it.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:mweich)

Milosz,

Are you able to get Creo to start if you rename the workspace cache folder (.wf)? If so, then the cache was probably corrupted too much to be able to recover.

Top Tags