cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo tries to check out objects when opening

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Creo tries to check out objects when opening

Does anyone know why Creo wants to check out random files when opening an assembly or drawing? It will try to check out parts like a nut, screw or some other assembly when just opening a drawing/parent assembly. What causes this?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Aaron,

this issue sounds familiar to me.

We observed that we had a relation in the models, which Creo wanted to check-out.

The relation updated a parameter with an attribute from Windchill when opening the model, even if it was only a component within an assembly.

I recommend to have a look at the relations in the models, which Creo wants to check-out.

Best regards

Johannes

I looked at the relations, but I am not sure what I am looking for. Can you be more specific?

Are you sure, that the Parts the system will checkout, are completly regenerated. (Traffic Light green)

Thomas

Hi,

on our case we had a relation defined in the parts, which Creo wanted to check-out.
It looked like this:

DESCRIPTION=PTC_COMMON_NAME

After these parts were renamed in Windchill PDMLink, as soon as the objects were loaded into a Creo session, Creo wanted to update the parameter DESCRIPTION because of this relation.
So the user was prompted to check-out.

BTW: Sorry for the late answer.

Regards
Johannes

Top Tags