cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo view wierdness

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Creo view wierdness

I have an user that has a new laptop with two external monitors attached to it, but don't think that is causing the issue, that is having issues viewing things from Windchill.  When Creo View opens and the object is selected, the screen is blank.  It doesn't matter if the user is an admin or not.  The same viewable works on a different computer.

I'm guessing graphics related, but do not know where to start.  I'm starting here since I do not have total access to the system to work with tech support and am hoping someone else on here might have gone through the same thing.

I'm on Windchill 11.0 m030 with Creo View 4.1.

Thank you,

Brian

12 REPLIES 12

Who is the laptop manufacturer and what model?  We had issues with dell laptops when we had switchable graphics enabled.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:byork)

Also, what graphics card is in the machine?

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

It is a Dell.  I'll have to go see what model and the graphics, it just has the onboard graphics.  I have never heard of switchable graphics before.  I'll have to look into that.  Any tips for the switchable graphics?  At first I tried the Windows 10 setting for display percent since it was at 125% but that didn't work.

We have precision series 7510s & 7520s.  You turn the switchable graphics  off in the BIOS.   It turns off the intel graphics and only runs the NVidia graphics.

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

This is an Inspiron without any added graphics cards.

Then I'm not sure.  Does CreoView actually start or is it just a web page window?

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

It actually starts.  And it changes the cursor when you are over the model or try to spin the model.  It just doesn't show anything in the window.  Doesn't matter if it is a part or an assembly.  It doesn't matter if it is a regular user or an admin.

Then that really feels like a graphic card/driver issue then...Have you updated the graphics driver for that machine? 

Have you also tried a drawing?

I get nothing with an assembly or part either, but drawings are usually fine.

The preview window in Windchill does show the part or assembly and I can rotate/zoom in that, but not when I open them in Creo View.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

@byork

What kind of issues were you getting?  I have some Dell laptops where the graphics gets streaks across Creo.  No other programs.  Just Creo.  We tried updating to the supported driver version and the latest and neither worked.

byork
17-Peridot
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG 

With our Precision machines that have NVidia graphics, we had bad performance when users use Creo with other multiple monitors and the laptop LCD .  We found that we needed to have the latest BIOS, latest NVidia driver and to turn off the Switchable graphics in the BIOS.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Multiple monitors with the LCD use is the situation for my users.  I'll have to check into the BIOS update and switchable graphics.

Thank you.

Top Tags