cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

DMSMS or Obsolescence Management

dguidry
5-Regular Member

DMSMS or Obsolescence Management

I am looking for anyone who has implemented some process to manage diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages (DMSMS) or obsolescence.  I saw a few older posts on the subject, but the ones that looked interesting were a) old, and b) not responded to.

I am looking at trying to better support our current process by bringing some if not all of the information and processes into Windchill.

Anyone managing DMSMS or obsolescence in Winddhill?.

7 REPLIES 7
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:dguidry)

Obsolescence, yes - with Lifecycle State, Transition in Change Task and Supercedes/Superceded By linkage... all out of the box.

dguidry
5-Regular Member
(To:kpritchard)

Is the supercedes/superceded by linkage part of Supplier Management?  I do not see that relationship type available to me on my 10.1 system.

kpritchard
4-Participant

OOTB at 10.2... may be the M020 build, but does not require Supplier Management.  This was one of the compelling reasons to upgrade for us. 

dguidry
5-Regular Member

We have a 10.2 M030 test environment for our upcoming upgrade, but I cannot get to the supersedes table.  I found it in the help, but our IT group must have hid / restricted it for us.

Now I know what to ask for.  Thanks!

kpritchard
4-Participant

It's only applicable for WTParts... not available for CAD Documents or WTDocuments (that I know of).

Add a custom Tab and add the Supersedes Group... it's not displayed OOTB and is available for User Configurable display

dguidry
5-Regular Member

That was where I went looking originally.  It is just not there for us.  I am not in IT, do not have any access to the OS on the servers, nor have site admin or full org admin access in WIndchill.  I trust the supersede capability is there, so now comes time to ask for it and see what happens.

Have you tried different solution and found a good method for the last states in the life cycle?

Top Tags