cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

DTI error Windchill 10.2 M30 IE11

clawson
1-Newbie

DTI error Windchill 10.2 M30 IE11

Upgraded to 10.2 M30 and switched to IE 11 and was testing in our development environment. I recieved an error after checking an Excel document back in that says "Error Uploading File - Missing CachedContentDescriptor. Any body seen this?

Thanks,
Craig

7 REPLIES 7

Are you able to do the same upload from a standalone browser? If not, it can be a vault issue.

If standalone browser works fine, then it is worth removing the Windchill server from the DTI registration and re-add it. I am sure you would have re-installed it after the upgrade

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

Hello Binesh,

I am unable to check in through excel or IE 11.

Thanks,
Craig

If you're not able to upload from a standalone browser, then it sounds like a vaulting issue. In that case, there should be an error in the Method Server log that indicates the problem. Are you uploading to the master site, or a file server? If your preference is set to a file server, then the problem could be with that file server.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:clawson)

Can you explain the details of the check in process? Did you use the browser interface, Windows Explorer or Microsoft Office?

clawson
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Hello Scott,

I did a check out and download in Windchill, made an update in excel and checked back in through excel. I selected the option to send the local file to the recycle bin and when I clicked Ok I got the error message.

Thanks,
Craig

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:clawson)

Does not sounds like you've done anything incorrectly. If you go through the same steps, where is the file downloaded to? My Documents? Is that path local or network? How long is the path to that folder? Does the content file have any special characters in the name?

If none of these items lead to a source of the problem, you might want to check in with PTC Technical Support. They can show you how to setup debug mode in DTI and capture log files from DTI, Office, Windchill and HTTP to help diagnose the problem.

Workaround!!!

If the file is located on a share drive, move or make a copy of the file to the local drive (e.g.C:\), then upload the file to Windchill. I have seen the same behavior when I tried to upload files from a shared drive. DTI access right to the share drives seems to be different from the actual logged in user.

Best regards,

Javid

Top Tags