cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Data Utilities and Layouts

tstacy
1-Newbie

Data Utilities and Layouts

I'm in the process of converting our Windchill 9.1 JSP-based UI into Windchill 10.1 UI using layouts and I've run into something I can't seem to figure out with the Customizer's Guide.

On some of our Attributes UI (More Attributes) in 9.1, we used a Data Utility to retrieve data from a related object to display on the screen. The entry in the JCA table for 9.1 looks like this: <jca:describeProperty id="team" dataUtilityId="IPTUtilityId" label="Team" />. There is a link type defined between my Managed object and the "IPT" object. My Data Utility retrieves and traverses that link to display the "name" value of the IPT object on my More Attributes Page. In my 9.1 codebase, I have entries in LogicalAttributes.xml for this relationship for easy display in my queries.

In 10.1, I've added entries to the LogicalAttributes.xml and AvailableAttributes.xml files to see if I can get this to show up in the "Available Attributes" list on my layout edit session. It does show up when I run the Available Attributes Report for my soft type, but I don't see it when I'm editing my layout. Am I missing something here? Do I need to write a custom AttributesBuilder class?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Theresa ,

I believe you need not write a Builder class and there is a provision in the Type & Attribute manager to embed

the datautilities 'selector' for the specific attribute . Once you add the D.U selector to the attrbute the behaviour of the D.U is enabled. Check if this works,

Regards,

Sriram Rammohan

I've seen that in the Type and Attribute manager for attributes that are part of the type definition. This is not an attribute but rather a link to another object that is displayed like an attribute. With JCA, I just had to add another describeProperty tag and it showed up. With Layouts, I didn't see how I could add this type of reference. It's not a physical attribute, but a logical one. That is why I also tried using LogicalAttributes.xml to define it, but that didn't seem to let me add it to the layout either.

Top Tags