cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Delete Function on FMEA Worksheet

jhartnett
1-Newbie

Delete Function on FMEA Worksheet

I am using PTC Windchill Quality Soutions 10.2. On the FMEA Worksheet tab, I have inserted a number of functions, functional failures, etc. When I right click on one of these items, the Delete Record arrow is there, but all of the options (Function, Functional Failure, etc) are all greyed out. It will let me delete all functions, but obviously I don't want to do that. How do I delete a function on the FMEA Worksheet?

3 REPLIES 3

I don't know if you ever got an answer on this. I got help from PTC on this. Had to WebEx to prove that this was happening. They came up with a work-around:

1. Identify the item that you want to delete from the FMEA Worksheet.
  2. Select the corresponding entry in the FMEA Tree Items - System tab
  3. Return to the FMEA Worksheet, and right click, and select "Filter by FMEA System Tree Item Selection"
  4. This will hide all Worksheet items, except the one you want to delete.
  5. In the Worksheet tab, you can now right click over the item and the "Delete item" option will no longer be greyed out.
  6. You can now delete the item.
  7. After deleting the item you can now right click in the Worksheet to de-select the "Filter by FMEA System Tree Item Selection" in order to un-hide your other tree items.

Mark,

Thank you your solution was spot on, I had this issue last year and figured it out, but for the life of me I couldn't remember how I did it.

Cheers,

Tony

FMEA Worksheet

Top Tags