cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Demote own Promotion Request

EG_10180373
1-Newbie

Demote own Promotion Request

Hello,

Besides assigning yourself as one of the Reviewers and waiting until everyone else has signed off on a PR, is there a way to "self-demote" a PR? For example, you push it through and then realize you made a mistake on a drawing. In our current workflow, we have to ask one of the reviewers to mark their task as rework. Is there a way to do this yourself?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm no WC admin, but in our process the user can do a pull-back once they receive the track promotion request task.

cying_0-1723473953796.png

cying_1-1723473963845.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:EG_10180373)

It depends on how your system is set up. On our Windchill systems, I have the ability for the creator of a PR to delete it if they find a mistake and none of the assigned reviewers have done anything to the PR yet. This makes it easier for getting proper information into the reviewed PR before approval. We still get some that are rejected but the creator's ability to delete one reduces the number that get rejected.

Depending on how your system is set up.  We can do a "pull-back" and the system will set the state back to their original state so you can make the changes and do a "submit".  We can also delete/cancel the PR and recreate it.

The benefit of the "pull-back" is you don't have to redo the PR, simply do a "submit" when done.

Calvin

Hey Calvin - a pull back sounds like what we are looking for! Is that something we can allow a user to do or does it require special permissions the way your system is set up?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:EG_10180373)

You should be able to do this. Basically, while in review, the author holds on a to a "break glass" task in their task list. Its similar to the Part Request workflow I would imaging. No special access since the workflow can be setup to change states, cancel review tasks and route back to the beginning or cancel if need be. 

I'm no WC admin, but in our process the user can do a pull-back once they receive the track promotion request task.

cying_0-1723473953796.png

cying_1-1723473963845.png

Thank you Calvin! This is really helpful. I don't think our system has this yet but I will ask out admins to implement it. Looks like exactly what we want to do.

Announcements

Top Tags